Dollar General CEO makes grim admission amid Trump's trade war [View all]
Source: The Independent
Dollar General CEO makes grim admission amid Trumps trade war
Mike Bedigan
in New York
Friday 14 March 2025 17:20 GMT
The CEO of Dollar General has admitted that the chain is not anticipating improvement for core customers in 2025, amid President Donald Trumps ongoing foreign trade wars.
Todd Vasos said Thursday that many patrons of the store indicated that "their financial situation has worsened over the last year as they have been negatively impacted by ongoing inflation.
"Many of our customers report they only have enough money for basic essentials with some noting that they have had to sacrifice even on the necessities," Vasos said, per Business Insider.
It comes as Trump refuses to back down on his battle with foreign trading partners including Canada and the European Union. It has also been suggested that the U.S. economy is retracting and heading for a potential recession.
-snip-
Read more: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/dollar-general-trump-trade-war-b2715363.html
Alternate link: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dollar-general-ceo-makes-grim-172009961.html