Jamie Dimon raises concerns about tariffs two months after his now-famous 'get over it' line [View all]
Source: CNN
Jamie Dimon raises concerns about tariffs two months after his now-famous get over it line
By Samantha Delouya, CNN
2 minute read
Updated 1:59 PM EDT, Thu March 13, 2025
(CNN) Two months ago, JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon had a curt message for people protesting President Donald Trumps tariff policy: Get over it. But with stock markets lower and cracks appearing to form in the US economy, Dimon himself might not be over it.
-snip-
Since then, Trumps on-and-off tariff policy has caused volatility in the stock market. Although broader markets rebounded on Wednesday, the S&P 500 was still down more than 7% over one month.
On Wednesday, Trump imposed sweeping 25% tariffs on all steel and aluminum imported into the United States the latest round of tariffs in a global trade war with Canada and the European Union swiftly retaliating. He has said his goal is to revitalize American manufacturing, slow illegal immigration and end fentanyl smuggling, but economists have warned that broad-based tariffs threaten to drive up prices on everything from food to new homes.
Dimon wasnt the only CEO sounding off on Wednesday about the risks of tariffs. Larry Fink, the CEO of BlackRock, the worlds largest asset manager, said he believed the economy was weakening due to tariffs.
-snip-
Read more: https://edition.cnn.com/2025/03/12/business/jamie-dimon-tariff-uncertainty/index.html