As Trump threatens secondary sanctions on Russia, Kremlin says it is continuing to talk to US
Source: Reuters
As Trump threatens secondary sanctions on Russia, Kremlin says it is continuing to talk to US
Reuters
Tue, April 1, 2025 at 6:49 AM EDT·2 min read
MOSCOW (Reuters) -The Kremlin said on Tuesday that Russia was continuing its dialogue with the United States amid threats by President Donald Trump to levy secondary sanctions on Russian oil if Moscow does not work to end the war in Ukraine.
Trump, who said this week he was "pissed off" with Russian President Vladimir Putin, told reporters on Monday he wanted to see the Kremlin leader make a deal to stop the full-scale conflict, now in its fourth year.
"I want to see him make a deal so that we stop Russian soldiers and Ukrainian soldiers and other people from being killed," Trump said in the Oval Office. "I want to make sure that he follows through, and I think he will."
A day earlier, Trump had told NBC News he was very angry after Putin last week criticised the credibility of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's leadership and would consider putting secondary sanctions on Russian oil if he felt Moscow was blocking a peace deal with Ukraine.
-snip-
Read more: https://news.yahoo.com/news/trump-threatens-secondary-sanctions-russia-104945315.html